Thursday, January 23, 2014

Fishing in Port Aransas

Wednesday January 22, 2014   High temperature 72 low 43 Sunny

      Went for a 3 mile bike ride along the bike trail and through the Walmart parking lot. Then decided to go fishing. First tried along the jetty at Rockport beach park, after about 1/2 hour with no action I decided to move to another place. Drove to Port Aransas through Aransas Pass and across the ferry. Fished for about 2 hours and had several bites but couldn't catch any. Talked to a Fish and Game official when leaving and she wanted to know about my fish outing. She was taking a survey in the area I was fishing. There were Dolphins surfacing in the inter-coastal waterway as I was fishing, but they were to fast for me to capture with the camera.


 Fishing water off Port Aransas
 Sunset by Rockport Beach
Speed Limit on this 2 lane road is 75 MPH

    After Leaving I went to supper with neighbors Gary and Beverly who are full timers for the last 12 years. They are originally from Lake Geneva in Wisconsin. They return and spend their summers in this area. Gary has a 1969 Volkswagen they use in the summer. Gary drove to Sinton Texas and we ate at the Back Street Cafe. I had a great roast beef sandwich with Swiss cheese and jalapenos. The baked potato was also a treat. 

1 comment: