Saturday, January 11, 2014

Destin Florida

January 6 2014
Destin Florida               Very cold last night got down to 17 degrees, water froze on the RV on the entrance box where hose attaches for water. I spent the night at Nancy and Bennie's condo and was very comfortable with an extra blanket. Yesterday was Bennie's birthday we went to AJ's Seafood and we all had Oysters. Bennie had the Oyster platter, Nancy and I had PO-Boy sandwiches with all the trimmings. We then checked on Daisy to make sure everything was ok I thought I had left the water heater on and was concerned about not being there. There was a beautiful sunrise this morning and I was able to capture a picture.

View from 9th floor of Destin Gulf of Mexico
                We went to the Snow birds meeting at the community center and were entertained with singer. I didn't catch his name but he is the entertainment on the dolphin cruise.  I was able to pick-up lots of information on things to do around Destin and find several discounts for eating places from all of the vendors set up at the back of the building. When they asked me who I was I just gave Bennies name and told them to send lots of material. I know he will appreciate all of the paper he gets. I kept telling him to sign up for the wood carving group, but I don’t think I have him convinced. At the end of the meeting there is a drawing for prizes. Both Nancy and Bennie won door prizes. Nancy won a set of tumblers and Beinie won a coupon for a haircut. There were probably 75 prizes awarded, these prizes are donated from local vendors. They include tickets to shows and charter fishing trips to meal coupons at local restaurants and everything else. 

        We played lots of card games while I was with my Mother and Father in law, and I want to thank them for letting me win some games. LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment