Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Destin Florida Fishing Trip

      After leaving the Tabasco place I traveled through New Orleans and on to Mississippi I slept for a few hours at one of the travel stops. Slept well I did not as there was so much traffic noise I kept waking up and turning over. I put in ear plugs and this helped some but was moving on about 3 am to Alabama. After reaching the Alabama line I traveled onto Daphne and then slept a few more hours in a Bass Pro parking lot. I was going to stay in Gulf Shores park but no sites were available and it didn't work to see brother Jon again. I did get one night at the new Gulf Breeze RV resort in Gulf shores but they didn't have a site for Friday night. Seemed like a nice park with lots of activities to keep campers busy. They had quite a bit of rain and  the sites were wet when not on the cement pads.

     I traveled on to Destin on Friday and I will spend a few nights with Nancy and Bennie Hurt my Mother and Father in law.  We made plans and went fishing on Monday on the Charter boat DESTINY. This is a 72 foot boat and  holds 65 fishermen. They have a crew to insure the fish are well taken care of as you reel them to the boat. They also untangle any lines that do get tangled as the fishermen are about 3 feet from each other. It was a tough day fishing but we were able to catch a few fish.  Bennie and Nancy are going home on Thursday morning because she is ready after 2 months in Destin to see snowy Indiana again. I plan to stay around the area for a couple of more weeks. I have Daisy parked in the Rocky Bayou state park again and we have visited the park a few times. Soon I will be driving Ms Daisy again.

 Pelicans waiting for leavings from fish cleaning operations.


 Bennie and Nancy Hurt on the boat




Our catch was two Red Snappers and we will have a fish fry after returning to Indiana. 

No comments:

Post a Comment