Monday, August 25, 2014

8-22 thru 25, 2014 Lake Geneva Wi

Greetings from Lake Geneva.
      I arrived here on Friday and after a few weaves and bobs made i t through CHICAGO. After my high toll on the Indiana toll road I unwisely decided to have( Lola the Liar) my GPS to avoid all tolls. She took me through the wilds of south Chicago and after waiting on three trains and going under a overpass that was 11 ft 6 inches high. Note Ms Daisy is 10 ft 8 in high. I decided to allow the tolls and was soon directed to I 294 and was able to get to Gurnee mills shopping center. I stopped at Bass Pro and was going to pick up a few items. I decided to check with the mall office if I could park overnight in the parking lot. After getting information at two places I was able to talk to the Security office and was declined to stay.  I decided I didn't need anything at the shopping plaza and then proceeded on to Happy Acres Campground in Bristol Wi  for the night.
      I got a 9am start to proceed to Big Foot State Park in Lake Geneva. Just after getting my camp set up I received a call from Niece Ashlee and was asked to visit for the evening. I traveled the seven miles north and was able to visit with Ashlee, Steve and six week old Brayden.

I helped Steve install a couple of ceiling fans in the master bedroom and living room on Saturday. We had a good time and was able to visit with the family as we installed the fans. 

Lake Geneva reminds me o f Fairhope Alabama with all the shops and people visiting. This is a very nice area to visit. 





     Tomorrow I leave for High Cliff State park in Northern Wisconson.  See this web site for further information. http://friendsofhighcliff.org/
    Until next time I will be Driving Ms Daisy..............

1 comment:

  1. Yay... Steve said he saw you at the park today! how cool is that? I am under the weather I think with gall-bladder issues and in and out of docs and tests today. Will see what tomorrow will bring.ack!

    KarenInTheWoods and Steveio
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    (our Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    ReplyDelete