Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Blackwater River State park Florida

    I made a trip to Milton Florida today and was going to eat lunch at Captain Petes Seafood restaurant. There was quite a bit of road repair work happening in the area and it was difficult to find the restaurant. However I persevered and finally arrived there only to find a sign out front that said the place was closed due to sickness.
      I was then going to give my lunch business to Churchs Chicken whom I had passed on the way to Captain Petes. However I saw a Captain D's chain restaurant on the way and decided to stop there instead.

       Butterflied Shrimp sounded good so I got an order with steamed Broccoli and coleslaw. I couldn't eat it all at one setting so I saved half for supper.
I have changed my header picture to Daisy setting in her spot at Blackwater State park. I took several pictures of the river and park.








 This old brick road parallels US90 and a railroad track and is about 5 miles long. I think it would be a good place to ride a bike.
      The following pictures are from Eagles Landing Rv park where I spent a couple of days before Blackwater River here but because I didn't feel well I just laid around in the RV while here. However there was a conveince store in Holt, Florida about a mile up the road and when I left the RV park I stopped here for propane and lunch. I am including a picture of lunch because I made two meals of the one serving. It was two pork chops and turnip greens with ham and mashed potatoes with gravy.



Tonight is my last night at Blackwater State Park and I will be heading north toward Montgomery Alabama.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment