Monday, September 10, 2012

CANADA FISHING TRIP 2012

Well Ms Daisy got to stay in the driveway while friends and I journeyed to Canada. We have returned from our annual Canada fishing trip. This year Bill Baker, Dennie Baumgartner, Paul Murphy and I enjoyed the trip together. Check out Alanwater Bridge Lodge for information on where we went. I got the largest fish this year. It is a 42 in long Great Northern Pike took me about 15 minutes to land. This felt like an hour and a half I was so excited I couldn't fish for the next hour. I just drove the boat and let Paul troll his bait in the water. When I got it to the boat the first time it only had one hook in the corner of its mouth. So we landed it while it was still green and sassy. It spit the lure right out of its mouth while in the net. By the way this fish and all large fish were returned to the water for future good times.

Some how I got turned sideways, just turn your monitor sideways and all will be ok. I sure hope the boat doesn't sink.

 
Bill Baker got a big fish too.

 
Dennie Baumgartner on the last day heading for the cabin. Dennie and I caught and released 50 + Walleyes each of the days we fished together.

 
 Paul Murphy doing what we spent hours, trolling big baits behind the boat. Hoping to attract fish to attack metal or wooden fish imitations.
This is Trout falls about 6 miles from the cabin. Just below the falls is a swirling eddy of water that typically hold a abundance of fish. This year I only caught one fish from this named glory hole. In the past I stood on the bank and caught 100 Walleye before I left.

This is a view of the water behind Star Island. We stopped here and ate lunch while we stretched our legs from setting too long in the boat seats.
I'm not sure when I will be heading out for a southern trip with Ms Daisy. It will likely be after the New Year. Work keeps getting in the way of Driving Ms Daisy.

No comments:

Post a Comment